Table of Contents
Many users of Skype always think that Skype is free or not? It depends on who you are calling here is a breakdown of Skype’s different services and costs. Skype subscriptions are purchases that will automatically renew until you cancel them. Subscriptions must be canceled at least three days before your renewal date to avoid being charged for the next billing cycle. Unlike subscriptions, Skype Credit only continues to charge you if you have auto-recharge enabled on your account.
Skype is usually free, However, if you want to use Skype to call someone’s cell phone or landline in the US. You also have the option to buy Skype Credit to make phone calls. If you don’t need the number of minutes available with the monthly subscription. As long as you keep your calls, video chats, and messaging strictly between fellow Skype users. You won’t pay a penny for service.
Subscriptions are monthly calling plans that let you make unlimited or fixed-minute calls to landline (and mobile where applicable). A subscription is great if you make a lot of calls. All a savings compared to our standard rates. You can cancel at any time.
How do I manage my Skype subscription?
If you purchase your subscription on your iPhone or iPad. You can only manage it directly from your device. Otherwise, you can access your subscription by doing the following:
- Go to the Skype account profile page ans select Manage for the subscription you want to change.
- From here, you can view your subscriptions and purchase history, or change your payment method.
Note: If you don’t have the Manage button, it might be because you have Skype credit rather than a subscription. Skype Credit only continues to change if you have auto-recharge enabled on your account.
What happens if you cancel my Skype Subscription?
If you cancel your Skype calling subscription, your free Microsoft 365 personal subscription is also canceled. Both subscriptions will remain active until the end of the term you signed up for. So if you bought a 3-month subscription, it will continue to run until the end of the 3 month period.
How do I purchase subscriptions on Skype?
There are two ways to purchase subscriptions on Skype.
- In the Skype app,
- And on the web,
If you are in India and your automatic payment fails, it might be due to new regulations effective October 1, 2021.
Purchasing Subscriptions in the Skype App:
- Open Skype on your device.
- Select your profile picture.
- Select Skype to Phone.
- Under Subscriptions, find a subscription you want. Choose View all subcriptions to see more options if available.
- Select the Continue button for the subcription you want to purchase:
- On Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android follow the instructions to enter any billing or payment information.
- On iPad and iPhone, scroll down and choose Pay Now*, Then confirm payment through the App Store.
Purchasing Subscription on the Web:
- Sign in to your account.
- Under your profile picture, choose one of following options:
- If you do not have an active Skype subscrption, under Recommended subscription select view all subcriptions.
- You have an active subscription if, select Add subscription.
- If you are on an iPhone or iPad and these options are not available, you may need to clear the history and cookies on your device and sign in again.
- Select the continue button for the subscription you want to purchase. Alternatively, you may have an option to try free for a month.
- Choose your billing period, then select continue.
- Enter your billing address, if prompted.
- Choose your payment method:
- If you have paid for Skype products before and saved your payment method: Choose one of your stored payment method to enter a new one.
- If it is your first time purchasing Skype product: You will be prompted to add a new payment method. Choose your payment type and enter your details.
- Select pay now, then follow the instruction to complete the payment.
Your Subscription will show as a delivered order in your account, and you will see the Subscription displayed on Skype. You can now call mobiles and landlines. Skype is committed to providing you with low-cost calling rates. We regularly review our subscriptions to make sure we are giving our customers the best value. Occasionally subscriptions may become unavailable through one of our partners or we may discontinue some subscriptions.
Here we provide you with the complete details of Skype Subscription. You just need to follow the above post to do it. If you have faced any issue during this you can connect with us feerly. We are here to answers your questions related to this topic.