Table of Contents
How to Add International Number to WhatsApp
Today we are going to discuss How to Add International numbers to WhatsApp? For that follow this post till the end. WhatsApp is one of the most used chat apps in the world. Here is a step-by-step guide you can follow to add an international phone number on WhatsApp.
However, the users do face a huge problem when they are trying to add an international number on WhatsApp. Now, if you are also facing the same issue then you can use this article as a reference. This article shows you all you need to know about adding an international phone number on WhatsApp.
Adding an international number on WhatsApp is a tricky task as the app automatically pulls the contact list from the Android’s contact app database. The entire system works fine with all the local contact numbers. However, with international contacts, users need to create a new contact and save the phone number preceded by the “+” symbol to add a contact in WhatsApp.
How to find the contacts on WhatsApp?
You can quickly and easily identify which of your contacts use WhatsApp by accessing your phone’s address book.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the Chats tab.
- Tap on the New Chat icon.
Add foreign numbers to WhatsApp:
Adding a new contact to the phone book is very easy. You just have to write down the numbers that the national telephone company assigns and select save. But what if the number you want to add is from another country? Read on and learn how to add foreign numbers to WhatsApp.
Things to Remember:
- Make sure to remove any 0 or special calling codes from the phone number before saving it.
- If you meant to add a local (in country) phone number to your phone’s address book, enter the number as if you were calling your contact on the phone.
- While saving a contact number from Agrentina, ensure to add a ‘9’ between the country code 54 and the contact number and remove the prefix 15.
- Phone numbers in Mexico (counrty code “52”) need have ‘1’ after ‘+52’.
How to Add International Number to WhatsApp?
- Open your phone’s address book.
- When adding the contact’s phone number, start by entering a plus sign +
- Enter the country code, followed by the full phone number.
- Note: A country code is numerical prefix that must be entered before the full national phone number to make a call to another country. You search online to find the country code you need.
For example, if a contact in the United States (country code “1”) has the area code “408” and phone number “xxx-XXXX”, you’d enter +1 408 xxx-xxxx.
How to Add Someone from another Country on WhatsApp on Android?
Do many times users search the same keyword as How to Add International Number to WhatsApp? Or How to Add Someone from another Country on WhatsApp on Android? Therefore we are here to provide you with complete details about this topic.
- Open your Android’s contacts.
- Tap the new contact icon.
- Select a storage location.
- Type a name for the contact.
- Enter the contact’s international phone number.
The above all information provides is about the How to Add International Number to WhatsApp? Follow all the details to get more. For more answers to your questions ask below in the comments section here.
To check if the number has been added correctly, open the contacts app on your device. And you should see the WhatsApp symbol along with the phone number.