Table of Contents
How to Activate an eSIM iPhone 12?
If you have an iPhone 12 and you want to use your phone without having to use the cellular network, there are some steps you can take to do so. One of those steps is to install an eSIM. An eSIM is a stand-alone SIM that works as the phone’s own wireless network and provides access to other services, such as text messaging and internet browsing, even if the phone is switched off.
The eSIM is a new technology that Apple added to the iPhone last year. This digital SIM is capable of activating mobile data plans without the use of traditional cards. It also enables you to send and receive messages from your phone using iMessage. Here’s how to activate an eSIM on your iPhone.
- First, make sure you’ve got the right cellular plan. You can check if your plan includes the eSIM feature by clicking on the Cellular menu in Settings. If your carrier doesn’t offer an eSIM, you can still activate a cellular plan.
- Next, you can scan a QR code. This is the simplest way to activate a cellular plan. However, the QR code you choose must be from an eSIM-compatible carrier.
- Once you’ve scanned a QR code, you’ll need to enter a verification code to complete the process. When you’ve done that, you’ll be ready to transfer the cellular plan from your old device.
Adding a new eSIM:
If you have an iPhone 12 or older and want to use it with an eSIM, there are some steps you’ll need to take to get it set up. You can do this manually or through a carrier’s app.
- The first step is to connect your device to Wi-Fi.
- Next, you’ll need to open the Camera app. Scan the QR code provided by your carrier. This code will allow you to activate your eSIM.
- Once your QR code is scanned, the “Cellular setup complete” notification will appear. After it does, you’ll be able to add a new eSIM and add cellular data.
Alternatively, you can choose to transfer your current SIM over to your new eSIM. Many carriers provide this option. Some of these carriers will even let you do it over the phone. Depending on your carrier, you may need to provide information such as your IMEI2 number or EID.
Switching between eSIM plans:
If you have an iPhone 12 or 13, you can toggle between eSIM plans without having to go through the hassle of switching SIM cards. In fact, you can do it in just a few simple steps.
First, you need to make sure that you have a cellular plan. To do this, you must go to Settings. Choose Cellular. Then, you will see a list of options. Select the one you want to use. Once you have selected your line, you can choose which eSIM plan to use.
If you don’t have a cellular plan, you’ll have to call your carrier and transfer your number. This may require you to visit a retail store or wait for your carrier to mail you a paper code.
Next, you will need to scan the QR code provided by your carrier. Use your Camera app to scan the code and the information it provides. Afterward, you can copy the information to your clipboard.
Using WhatsApp on an eSIM:
There are some limitations when using WhatsApp on an eSIM iPhone 12. You cannot use both phone numbers with the same account. Nevertheless, there are several workarounds that allow you to set up two WhatsApp accounts on your iPhone.
Setting up a second WhatsApp account on an iPhone is easy. To get started, you must be running iOS 12.1 or later and have a dual SIM. It is also possible to use two accounts on an Android device with a Dual Messenger feature.
When you first activate your iPhone, you will need to input a phone number. During the setup process, you will be asked to enter a name, profile photo, and business category. Then, you will be prompted to select a country.
Once you have entered your information, you will receive a verification code. This code is delivered via an automated calling system. If you receive a failed verification code, it may be due to APN settings. If you are still unable to connect, contact your mobile carrier.